Printer-friendly version

Joining Instructions

Programme of Courses

NCC OffIicers Training Academy (OTA), Gwalior , housed in the erstwhile PRINCES' PALACE of the Scindias is a premier NCC trg institution to harness ' Women Power'. It is the only one of its kind in India and ' Alma Mater' for all Whole Time Lady Offrs ( WTLOs ), Associate NCC Offrs ( ANOs ) and Girl Cadet Instrs ( GCIs ) in the NCC, spread all over the country.





Though NCC came into being by the XXXI Act of Parliament in 1948, the Girls Division Senior Wing was raised in Aug 1949, when the first Girls Troops were raised at Calcutta , Nagpur and Ludhiana , as Ist Bengal Girls, 2nd Central Provinces and 3rd Punjab Girls NCC Troop respectively. The Junior Wing was raised in 1954 and subsequently grouped into Coys/Bns in other parts of the country. The first batch of nine ladies (three from each group) was trained at the Rajputana Rifles Regimental Centre, Delhi from 25 Apr 49 to 24 Jul 49 and commissioned at an impressive passing out parade reviewed by Maj Gen Kulwant Singh, CGS at Army HQ. The NCC Lady Offrs training from 1949 to 1959 was conducted at Rajputana Rifles Regimental Centre, 14 GTC, Subathu ( Shimla Hills) and Kumaon Regimental Centre, Ranikhet . The first Junior Wing course of 64 NCC Women Offrs , commenced on 19th Nov, 1954 at Rajputana Rifles Regimental Centre, Delhi Cant.

Ladies Wing (OTA Kamptee)

A Ladies Wing was established at OTA Kamptee in 1959 and the Commissioning and Refresher courses including NCC Rifle courses were conducted along with male Officers at OTA Kamptee from 1959-1964.


In Oct 1964, it was decided to establish a separate NCC College for Women at Gwalior , due to the increased strength of girls units. The first Pre-Commission Courses ( SW -9 & JW-7 ) commenced at Gwalior on 12 Apr 65. The POP of this course was held on 10 Jul 65 was reviewed by the then Defence Minister, Shri YB Chavan. The Institution was initially named as NCC College for Women and was later redesignated as WOTS, in consonance with OTS, Kamptee in 1964 and redesignated OTA Gwalior in 2002.